Lupe M. Guthrie
Lupe M. Guthrie has been the owner of Therapeutic Skin Care for over 18 years. She is a California State Board Licensed Esthetician and a California State Certified Massage Practitioner. In 2011 she launched her own Private Label brand, called Remédios Skin Care.
In my Esthetics practice, I treat many people who suffer from adult and teen acne and premature aging, and I also provide preventative skin care maintenance. Additionally, I have spent the last several years doing research in order to specifically help chemotherapy and radiation patients. Skin challenges can cause emotional stress and anxiety in adults and can be even more difficult for teens. Helping my clients improve their skin has been incredibly rewarding for me. My approach to corrective skin care is teamwork, and giving my clients the necessary information and tools for an effective home care regimen is the key to maintaining lasting results.
I am dedicated to continuing my education, which I believe has been a key component to my ongoing success. I have studied under dozens of Dermatology and skin experts, and have completed paramedical training in skin rejuvenation and related medical techniques such as:
- Dermatologist Dr. James Fulton, co-developer of Retin-A® and founder of the Acne Research Institute.
- Rosacea and Acne by Jan Marini Skin Research
- VacuodermieTMand Sonäge by Sylvie Archenault
- Pigmentation and Peel by Evangelina Pau, MD
- Eminence 100% Organic Hungarian Skin Care and by the International Congress of Esthetics. As well as learning about the latest advances in the esthetic and cosmeceutical industry.
I have also studied at additional schools in Thailand, Australia, the Mayan Riviera and the USA, in order to learn and research the best therapies to help my clients. Based on this extensive knowledge base, I’ve created my own unique healing therapies.
- Qigong, a holistic approach to health care.
- Young Living, Essential Oils Raindrop Therapy.
- Bill Flocco, at The American Academy of Reflexology.
- Syneron elos Technology.
- The Derma Light Therapy, sports injuries and many more healing therapies.
Lupe also teaches advanced Esthetic Education to other skin professionals.
Lupe Guthrie is a member of and volunteer for the American Cancer Society’s “Look Good Feel Better…” program, teaching oncology patients valuable skin care techniques, some of which she personally developed, for use during and after their Chemotherapy and Radiation treatments. She’s also a member of the International Massage Association, the International Esthetics Association and is listed in Cambridge Who’s Who.